This site is designed by the Mayor’s Youth Council for other Northfield youth. Click on the links above to learn more about:
- The Northfield Mayor’s Youth Council
- What we’re working on
- Upcoming events and activities in and around Northfield
- Volunteer opportunities
- How to contact elected representatives
- Links to other Northfield organizations
What is the Mayor’s Youth Council?
The Mayor’s Youth Council consists of local high school juniors and seniors, appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. Mayor’s Youth Council members are selected to serve on two-year terms or until they graduate from high school. The members do not receive monetary compensation.
Charges of the Northfield Mayor’s Youth Council (Resolution #2006-033):
- Assist with the identification of issues important important to Northfield young people.
- Work with community partners and other youth initiatives to help design and implement solutions to address opportunities and areas of concern.
- Provide youth perspectives on relevant issues to the mayor, council members and other groups.
- Assure a youth voice in civic affairs.
What Does The Mayor’s Youth Council Do?
- Candidate Forum for high school students with local candidates (Mayor, City Council at-Large, School Board)
- Clothes Drive at the high school to benefit the Clothes Closet
- Youth Vote at the high school every election cycle
- Run a grant program to facilitate higher graduation rates in Northfield
- Keep Northfield youth updated on relevant local issues
- Wrote the successful application to have Northfield named as one of the “100 Best Communities for Young People” by America’s Promise
Mayor’s Youth Council Members:
- Daherik Agapito-Romero
- Jane Carlson
- Nathan Dahlen (Co-Chair)
- Scout Gregerson
- Kindra Hurlbert
- Matthew Irwin
- Ian Iverson
- Ivy Johnson (Co-Chair)
- Steven Pfahning
- Anna Pfefferle
- Logan Regnier
- Jorja Thompson (Secretary)
- Chen Ye
- George Zuccolotto
- Dana Graham, Mayor
- Zach Pruitt
- Marnie Thompson
- Jenny Fink